Direct Drive Upgrade
This LGX™ based upgrade kit is a easy to install replacement of the stock direct drive extruder. It requires the accessories included in the LGX™ Accessories for FF Prusa MK3S package and the For Flexibles Set.
Easy To Install
Very intuitive and easy to install upgrade kit where the extruder faces the X-carriage reducing the distance between the nozzle and the x-axis.
Leading Grip Power
The LGX™ is the Bondtech extruder with the highest filament grip due to its new large drive wheels that put more teeth engaging the filament.
This upgrade kit is not compatible with any MMU version.
Custom Firmware Required
You need to update your Prusa’s firmware to use this product. Please check the Firmware tab.
Enjoy Bondtech’s Evolved Dual Drive Technology
Start using our newest extruder with our new Dual Drive Technology based on larger drive gears. This is only one of the 7 new features Bondtech implemented on an extruder.
7 new features on a Bondtech eXtruder:
- Larger drive wheels, for increased filament grip;
- Filament pre-tension lever, for repeated results;
- Multi-function interface socket, for tool or application quick swap;
- Drive wheels’ maintenance windows, for easy cleaning;
- Compact, light & symmetric design, for increased performance and compatibility;
- Multiple mounting hole patterns, for easy and flexible setup;
- A small step for a greener Future, craft boxes without bleaching & no coating.
- e-steps value : 400
- Drive wheels : hardened steel;
- retraction speed : 35 mm/s
- retraction distance (direct drive) for rigid materials : 0.4 mm
- retraction distance (direct drive) for soft materials : 3 mm
- Max operating temperature : 70°C
- Max tightening torque on all screws is 0.3 Nm
LGX™ DD net weight : 218.6 g
- Package measurements : 80x103x73 mm
- Package weight : 269 g
LDO STEPPER MOTOR FOR BONDTECH LGX™
- PH-06AWJ connector
- 2 phases
- DC 5.5 V
- Max 1.0A/phase
To use the LGX and run the stepper motor with currents between ~0.7 and ~0.9A:
set Vref between 0.70 and 0.90 using TMC stepper drivers;
set Vref between 0.28 and 0.36 for stock Pololu A4998 stepper drivers;
set Vref between 0.56 and 0.72 for Pololu A4998 stepper drivers on Creality.
- Class B motor, rated up to 130°C
- Max recommended environment : 70°C
- Max temperature at this environment temperature can go up to 130°C on account of the self heating.